[ 30 March 2006 ]

Widgets are Cool

Somehow, someway, I got a subscription to PC Magazine (I suspect it came with an order I put it to Newegg last year). No matter how it happened, I've been enjoying it. I used to subscribe for years, but eventually dropped it in favor of this little thing called 'the internet'. Now I realize how nice it is to get interesting PC info dropped in my lap twice a month without me having to hunt for it.

As a prime example, the last issue was the 'Utility Roundup'. It had a bunch of things designed to make your computing life easier, and I saw a few items that I wanted to check out in more detail. Once of these was Yahoo Widgets. It's a collection of 'widgets' for your desktop that are useful, fun, and nice to look at. I can tell that the search for newer and better widgets is going to be an ongoing obsession for a while.

Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home